Free Tax Preparation:
The library is pleased to offer free tax preparation services through the AARP Tax Aide Program. Anyone is eligible for the assistance, with no restrictions based on age, residence, or income. Here are the details:
Location: Audubon Senior Center (Oakland Avenue at Oak Street), located directly next door to the library.
Dates: Wednesdays, February 6 through April 10
Time: 10:00 am to 1:00 pm
Eligibility: There are no eligibility requirements. Assistance is available to everyone. However, services are provided based on the difficulty of the return. Some returns may be too involved for the preparers to complete.
Access: Services will be provided on a walk-in basis only. No appointments will be made.
What to bring:
- Social Security cards for everybody on the return.
- 1099SAs are allowed if they are on Social Security.
- Photo ID
- Last year’s tax return, if possible
- Last pay stub of the year
Below are links to a number of common Federal and New Jersey tax forms. You may also print copies of these forms at the library at a cost of 15 cents per page. Please keep in mind that the library is unable to provide advice regarding tax preparation. If you would like assistance with your return, we encourage you to participate in the Tax Aide program described above or to seek the advice of a tax professional.
Federal Tax Forms:
- 1040 – US Individual Income Tax Return
- Schedule A (Form 1040)
- Schedule B (Form 1040)
- All Federal Tax Forms & Instructions
New Jersey Tax Forms: 2018 NJ Tax Forms are not currently available. We will post links to the below forms as soon as they become so.
- NJ 1040 – Income Tax Resident form
- NJ 1040 Instructions
- NJ Schedules A & B
- NJ Schedules A & B Instructions
- NJ 1040 H – Property Tax Credit
- NJ 1040 H Instructions
- All NJ Tax Forms & Instructions