Hurray! We are now open for curbside pickup!
This means you can now request materials from the library, and we will get them ready for you to pickup at a scheduled time.
Curbside Pickup Hours
Open for requests:
- Monday through Friday, 11:00 am to 2:00 pm.
- Saturday, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
- In-person Appointments will NOT be available during the requests period.
- Monday Through Thursday, 3:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Friday, 2:30 pm to 5:00 pm
- Saturday, 12:30 pm to 2:00 pm
- In-person Appointments will NOT be available during the pickup hours.
Drop Box Hours:
- You may return materials anytime to our drop box except during pickup hours.
Here’s how to request items:
- Go to the library catalog and sign in using your user ID and password. Your user ID is most often your last name plus the first letter of your first name, all lowercase, no spaces. For example, Jane Doe’s user ID would be “doej.” Your password is most likely your library card number. Once you log in, you can place holds for items you would like to borrow by clicking the “Place Hold” link.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Search our catalog and email us the title and author of the item you would like to borrow in addition to your full name and phone number. Please keep in mind that only items that are in our catalog can be provided.
- Call the library at 856-547-8686 during our scheduled open request hours. We can assist you with finding materials that interest you and with getting them ready for pickup.
- Telephone requests will only be honored if they are made during our open request hours, M-F, 11 am to 2 pm. You can, however, place requests via email or the library catalog anytime.
Here’s how to pickup items:
- Once we have received you request, we will contact you by telephone in order to schedule a pickup time. Pickup times will be scheduled no later than 48 hours after we have received your request.
- Come to the library at your designated pickup time.
- Call the library at 856-547-8686 to let us know you are here.
- A staff member will get your materials ready and ask you to approach the front door of the library.
- When you get to the front door, show either your library card or your driver’s license through the closed glass door.
- We will then put your materials on the table located outside the library front door.
- Once the staff member has moved 6 feet away you may take your materials.
Here’s how to return materials:
- Materials may not be returned to the library during our curbside pickup hours: M-Th, 3 pm to 7 pm & F, 2:30 pm to 5 pm. Only those patrons who are picking up materials during these times may also return materials.
- Otherwise, materials may be returned anytime to the library’s drop box.
A few things to keep in mind while using curbside pickup:
- We will be quarantining all materials returned to the library for 72 hours. Items will remain checked-out to patrons during this period. So, if you see items on your account that you have returned, don’t worry, they are likely just in quarantine. The library has eliminated late fines, so you will not be charged any late fees for items that remain on your account and become overdue. Fees for damaged and lost material remain in effect.
- We will not accept returned materials during our curbside pickup hours of M-Th, 3 pm to 7 pm & F, 2:30 pm to 5 pm, unless you are here for a scheduled curbside pickup.
- All materials not picked-up at the scheduled pickup time will be returned to the stacks.
- If you are having any trouble with your library card, please contact the library at email@example.com. or 856-547-8686 and we will assist you.
These programs, materials and services will remain unavailable for the time being:
- Library facility – The library building will remain closed to the public, including the restroom.
- Interlibrary Loan
- Library Computers
- Fax, scanning and copying services
- All in-person library programs, including Story Time, Lego League, and Read to the Dog programs.
Thank you so much! We hope to hear from you soon!
The Free Public Library of Audubon