Search Consumer Reports for the latest product information and ratings.
The library is pleased to offer a large array of online eBooks, audiobooks, movies, music, article databases and more. These resources are accessible from virtually any electronic device and are free to all Audubon Library Card Holders in good standing.
eBooks, Audiobooks, Video & More:
- Hoopla:hoopla offers patrons an enormous selection of digital video (movies and TV shows), music, audiobooks, eBooks and comics. Patrons are permitted three hoopla checkouts per month and all content is instantly available. Download the app to your device to get started.
- Overdrive:Overdrive offers access to thousands of eBooks and audiobooks which can be borrowed with most electronic devices. Download the Libby app to your mobile device or access Overdrive with your computer to get started.
- Job & Career Accelerator: A comprehensive collection of job search and career exploration tools, including resume and letter builders with targeted samples and tips, millions of job and internship postings, interviewing advice and a personal dashboard to track users’ work.
- New Jersey Career Connections: Offered by the State of New Jersey Department of Labor and Workforce Development, the New Jersey Career Connections website provides users direct access to career navigation resources, including interactive tools and useful resources such as a directory of training programs, information on hundreds of careers, and advice and guidance on a wide variety of topics. In addition, the website will help job-seekers learn how to network, find employment, and prepare for interviews.
- Computer Skills Center: This resource offers dynamic online multimedia tutorials that help patrons and students learn the fundamentals of the computer, the internet and popular software applications. Tutorials range from beginner to advanced levels.
- Rosetta Stone: Whether you want to learn a new language or improve your English, Rosetta Stone offers a comprehensive real-world approach to language learning that promises success. There are over 30 languages to choose from, including Swahili and Pashto. Just follow the link and prompts to get started.
- English as a Second Language Resource Guide: This guide provides information on local free ESL classes, fee-based classes, and online language learning resources for those interested in learning English as a second language.
Small Business Resources:
- ReferenceUSA: Provides detailed, current directory of information on more than 12 million U.S. Businesses, 102 million U.S. residents, 683,000 U.S. healthcare providers, 1 million Canadian businesses and 11 million Canadian residents.
- Small Business Reference Center: The Small Business Reference Center is a comprehensive resource for small business owners and those interested in starting a business, offering full-text periodicals and reports, sample business plans, U.S. tax forms, videos and reference books. It supports small business owners in all relevant areas from planning, financing and managing a business to exit strategies.
- Historic Audubon Maps: A selection of maps covering Audubon, NJ from 1915-1930.
U.S. Citizenship Resources
- U.S. Citizenship Resource Guide: This guide provides information on citizenship eligibility, the naturalization process, the naturalization test, and other resources.
The library also offers access to a number of databases holding full text articles from a number of popular as well as academic publications. The databases are geared to various age groups and some focus on specific subject areas.
- Image Collection: The Image Collection database consists of more than 1 million total images. They consist of a wide array of photos and maps, with an emphasis on world news and events. Other areas of coverage include contemporary and historical photos of people, places, and the natural kingdom.
- Referencia Latina: Referencia Latina, a comprehensive Spanish-language database, offers content from a variety of sources including 49,000 encyclopedia entries.
- Jersey Clicks: Here is the complete list of databases offered for free through the library. Each listed database provides a description of its holdings, an indication of the age group it is geared toward, and a link to its search screen.