Library Closing - Presidents' Day
* * * * *
The Free Public Library of Audubon will be closed Monday, February 20, 2017 in observance of Presidents' Day.
The Library will reopen Tuesday, February 21, 2017 at 11:00 am.
* * * * *
March 11 & March 25, 2017 - Free Tax Preparartion
Dr. Seuss Celebration - March 4, 2017
Registration is now open for our annual Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast!
Although the event is free to all Library Card holders, we ask that you register in person at the Library or online at the below link.
We want to make sure there are plenty of eggs (don't worry, they won't really be green) and ham for everyone!
Where: The Audubon Senior Center, located directly next door to the Library
When: Saturday, March 4, 2017, 10:00 am to 12:00 pm
What: Join us in celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday with free breakfast and Dr. Seuss inspired activities and fun!
How: Register online at http://bit.ly/2hO5NWP or visit the Library Circulation Desk for the paper sign-up sheet
2016 Tax Forms
2016 Tax Forms & Instruction Booklets
In an effort to save paper, neither the IRS nor the New Jersey Division of Taxation will distribute paper copies of tax forms and instruction booklets to the public. However, all forms and booklets are available online for download and printing. To assist you with finding the tax forms & booklets you may need this tax season, we have provided below a list of common forms/booklets with links to their online locations.
Additionally, if you prefer, you may visit the Library and we can assist you with the location and printing of any form or booklet you may need. Please note, however, that there is a $0.15 per page fee for all printouts and copies.
Lastly, qualified individuals may be eligible for free tax preparation services offered through the VITA/TCE program in New Jeresy. Below you will find a link to VITA/TCE sites located in Camden County. To determine if you qualify, you will need to contact the sites directly.
We hope that this list will make your tax preparation a little easier. Best of luck and Happy New Year from the Free Public Library of Audubon.
Federal Tax Forms:
New Jersey Tax Forms:
VITA/TCE Free Tax Preparation Program:
We are pleased to make you aware that we have activated the Email Alert feature of our new computer system, Koha. This means you will now receive email notifications regarding a variety of services you use at the library. We hope you find this feature convenient and useful.
Email alerts will be sent to you for the following*:
- Checkouts: Each time you check out items from the library, an email will be sent to you listing the title, barcode, and due date for each item in your possession.
- Holds: When an item you have placed on hold becomes available for pick-up, you will receive an email letting you know. This includes items that become available through Interlibrary Loan.
- Advance Notice: One day before an item is due, an email will be sent to you as a friendly reminder either to renew the item, if renewable, or to return it.
- Overdue Materials: Emails will be sent to you whenever you have items that are 5, 30, or 60 days overdue.
- New Patron Accounts: New patrons will receive an email listing their new account information.
- Acquisition Suggestions: If you place a purchase suggestion through the online catalog, you will receive an email letting you know if we intend to purchase the item or if we will attempt to obtain it through Interlibrary Loan. In either case, you will be notified when the item is available for pick-up or if we cannot obtain the item.
*Please note when more than one item meets the criteria for any of the emails listed above, you will receive one email listing all items, and not separate emails for each. For example, if you have three items that are due tomorrow, you will receive one Advance Notice email listing all three, and not three separate emails.
Remember, in order to receive these email alerts, you must have a valid and active email address listed with the library. To update your email address information, please request a Patron Information Update Form at the front desk.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask at the front desk.
The Free Public Library of Audubon
Museum Pass Program
The Museum Pass Program allows our patrons free access to some of the area's finest cultural and educational attractions.
Museum Passes currently available:
Academy of Natural Sciences
Camden Children's Garden
Garden State Discovery Museum
Grounds for Sculpture
Penn Museum of Archaeology & Anthropology
National Constitution Center - NEW!
Heritage Quest Online
Are you interested in finding out more about those in your family tree?
We have added Heritage Quest Online to our library.
Heritage Quest Online, available on your home computer or on the library computers, features an incredible storehouse of American genealogical information.
To login, simply click above on Helpful Links. Both databases are listed under the column Library Resources. Heritage Quest Online does require your assigned barcode number.
Also, please note that we will be providing a tutorial on how to use Heritage Quest Online on December 17th, 2015 at 6:30pm at the Library.
Are you getting ready to take the SAT? Civil Service exam? US Citizenship test? Military exam?
We are so excited to bring the LearningExpress Library to our patrons! It offers a large selection of educational and career-related resources. Look for the link under Helpful Links, Library Resources to access the LearningExpress Library. The library is divided into centers. Simply choose a center and go!
- Adult Learning Center - provides help with building basic skills, as well as prep for the US Citizenship exam
- College Center - provides skill reviews in math, reading, grammar, writing and science, as well as prep for Graduate School Admissions, College Placement Exams, and CLEP exams
- College Preparation Center - provides prep for PSAT, SAT, ACT, THEA, TOEFL iBT tests, AP exams, and college admissions essay writing
- High School Equivalency Center - provides help with buillding basic skills, as well as prep for GED, HiSET, and TASC tests
- School Center - provides help with math, reading, etc. skills from the elementary level through high school
- Career Center - learn about careers, as well as prep for nursing entrance exams, occupational exams, including allied health, teaching, cosmetology, firefighter, law enforcement and more, military exams, job search and workplace skills
- Recursos para Hispanohablantes - provides math, speaking and grammar skill building, as well as prep for the GED test and US Citizen exam for Spanish speakers