Programs for Children:
- Story Time: Geared toward preschoolers, our Story Times generally occur three times per month, with morning and evening installments. Each Story Time involves the reading of a number of stories centered on a theme, songs, age appropriate movements, and crafts. Upcoming Story Times can be found HERE.
- Afterschool Book Club: Geared to students in grades 3 – 5. Read and discuss a different book each month. Meet every Tuesday or Thursday to discuss different sections of the book and complete related activities. Books are supplied by the library. Registration is required.
- 5 W Book Club: Geared to students in grades 2 – 8. Students can read a nonfiction book at home or read at the book club. Students will discuss the 5 Ws of their book and if they recommend it to others. This book club meets Wednesdays afterschool.
- Summer Reading Program: Every summer, the library offers a Summer Reading Program to encourage reading and the love of reading in youngsters. Sign-up is required and participants must hold a valid library card to participate. The program involves tracking the number of books read throughout the summer, a number of library sponsored programs, and the chance to win prizes!. While the program is geared toward children in elementary school, teens and adults are encouraged to participate if they wish.
- Monthly Children’s Crafts: Open to kids age 7-11 and their guardian. Each month explore a new activity. All supplies provided by the library. Registration is required.