Programs at the Free Public Library of Audubon
The library is pleased to offer a number of programs for adults and children throughout the year. For complete listings of upcoming events and for specific dates and times, please see the Calendar page of our website or check out our events page on Facebook. Inquiries by telephone, email, or in-person are also welcome. Unless otherwise noted, all events are free and open to Audubon residents.
Programs for Children:
- Story Time: Geared toward preschoolers, our Story Times generally occur four times per month, with morning and evening installments. Each Story Time involves the reading of a number of stories centered on a theme, songs, age appropriate movements, and crafts. Upcoming Story Times can be found HERE.
- Lego League: All ages welcome! Second Monday of the month at 6:00pm
- Family Movie Nights: Temporarily suspended.
- Summer Reading Program: Every summer, the library offers a Summer Reading Program to encourage reading and the love of reading in youngsters. Sign-up is required and participants must hold a valid library card to participate. The program involves tracking the number of books read throughout the summer, a number of library sponsored events, and prizes for everyone who has read a minimum of five books. The program is geared toward all ages, from babies to adults!
- Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast: Each year, in honor of Dr. Seuss’s Birthday, the library hosts a Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast, involving Dr. Seuss inspired activities and crafts as well as a free green eggs and ham breakfast (Don’t worry, they aren’t really green). Sign-up is required, but attendance is free.
Programs for Adults:
- Adult Craft Night: Every month the library has a different program for adults, they are usually held at 6:00pm. Registration is required for these programs.
- Book Clubs: The library sponsors three evening book clubs, one daytime book club, and a morning roaming readers book club. All clubs meet on a monthly basis. All books are provided by the library. As club size is limited, the library maintains a wait list of people interested in joining. New members are invited to join on a first-come, first-served basis. To be added to the wait list, visit the library and provide your name, telephone number and email address. Book Clubs are open to Audubon residents only.
- Yoga: Throughout the year, the library offers yoga classes to interested participants. Registration and fees are required. Announcements for the classes and registration dates will be published in the Spring/Summer edition of the Library Line, the library’s newsletter.
- Visiting Authors: The library invites various local authors of fiction, non-fiction, and poetry to the library in order to read and discuss their works. Copies of the visiting author’s books will be available at the library for loan. Authors are available to answer questions, discuss the writing process, and sign books.
- Visiting Speakers: The library also invites speakers on a number of topics. Past speakers provided presentations on Medicare, the politics of science, and dating historical homes.
- Knitting, Crocheting & Crafters Club: This group of crafters meets monthly to talk patterns and projects, share tips and tricks, and, of course, to socialize. Meetings are generally the first Tuesday of each month. Beginners are welcome as are other kinds of crafts. No registration is required. Just show up with your project, ready to stitch!